View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 AM
patricej
Administrator

this argument is as old as quilting. :roll:

not every expensive fabric is good fabric. not every inexpensive fabric is junk.

Americans kvetch about $10 a yard; Aussies drool at the thought of such a bargain.

there isn't a quilting fabric out there that's truly worth $10 a yard. have I paid that much? i'm sorry to say i did ... just the other day. I still can't believe it, but i did. do i feel guilty? heck no. i work hard for my money. if i want to indulge myself once in a while, it's nobody's business but mine.

will i do it again? not unless i'm that desperate again and that much too lazy again to shop around for a more sensible price when nothing but exactly what i already have in mind will do.

those who can afford the ridiculous prices at the LQS need to remember that noses were made to smell with - not to look down.

those who struggle to find something ... anything ... they can squeeze into a skin-tight budget need to remember that the LQS junkies have a right to spend their money as they choose.

as long as nobody is skipping the groceries and bills to buy fabric; as long as everybody is happy with whatever they have chosen to buy; the debate is unneccessary, pointless, and ALWAYS leads to hurt feelings. :hunf: