View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 05:09 AM
leatheflea

Default Happy Garden Wheel quilt

As many of you may know I design most of my quilts. Occasionally I'll buy a pattern if it really calls to me and I don't feel like doing a bunch of quilty math. Spring is near and I really want to redecorate my spare bedroom. A new wall hanging was needed to replace the one that's in there now. This pattern was the perfect size, 39 inches. I also wanted something fairly easy to make. I've very little sewing time these days due to taking care of my mom and my own daily wifely duties. It worked out perfect, I made the top in about 6 hrs total. Now that was sewing a bit here in there over a 3 day period. Since I didn't design the quilt I wanted to challenge myself in some way. So I decided to use a variety of different fabrics. After digging through my stash I found some vintage swiss dots, you know the old fuzzy ones, a pink fabric with little rose buds, I've no idea what the fabric is made of but I'm pretty sure it's not cotton. And then my adventurous side said what about quilting with linen? What the heck, I see other quilters doing it, so why can't I? Word of warning....if you use several different types of fabric you must pre-wash them all.
So now that it's made I'm stuck on how to quilt it and was hoping you talented gals have some suggestions. Should I go simple? Dress it up with tons of feathers? Maybe some organic quilting? I see a few hours of doing the dreaded quilt stare in my near future. Thanks so much for looking and any suggestions you may have.

Oh I almost forgot to tell you about the pattern.
The pattern is "Happy Garden Wheel" by BlossomandBev. You can find the pattern here http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...n-wheel/193027
Attached Thumbnails garden-wheel.jpg   gardenwheel1.jpg