View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 07:26 AM
Kwiltr

Yup, I quilt in my RV! 34' 5th Wheel. I have a piece of 3/4" plywood about 24" X 18" I covered for an ironing surface I use on the kitchen counter or put on a folding table. Tucks away when not in use easily. I travel with my Janome 6600P that is great for piecing and quilting and sew on our kitchen table and have a padded travel case for. My big cutting mat sits under it when I sew in case I'm cutting big pieces here and there and I also have a small mat for trimming that works on a small fold up table. Store the big one behind the couch when not using. While we're parked I keep my machine in the padded case under the table to the back out of the way when not in use, and under the bed when we travel. My fabric and tools are in totes that fit under the bed and are easy to tuck in here and there. Several RV parks we've been in have really nice craft rooms set up for quilters and crafters to use which is nice for those big projects and the social aspects of quilting . I've cut and trimmed fabric on the patio outside too. Anyway, you get the gist. Very doable to quilt in an RV! Enjoy!