View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 AM
KenmoreGal2

Default Bag Makers - Please help!!

I made these twin quilted purses. One is for me, one for a friend. I devised the pattern to fit all my items exactly. That's probably the problem. I have no real instructions, I'm winging it. I had such a hard time finishing these - sewing the lining and handles on. I could use advice.

For both bags, I made the exterior quilted box and hemmed the top. Then I made the zipper, handles and the lining with pockets. When it came time to assemble it, I actually did it two ways.

On the blue bag I layered the outer shell, zipper, lining and handle. I pinned it all together then struggled to sew it on my flat bed cabinet machine. The bag is quite narrow plus I had to sew through the zipper hole and it was really difficult.

On the brown bag I had found a tute that showed me how to sew the zipper and lining together before doing the rest of the assembly. That was a little easier to manipulate.

Are there any special feet I should be using for the final step in these bags? Maybe I should use my free arm portable for this? Is there some simpler method that I am unaware of? I love having a bag specially designed to hold my particular items, but I hate making them. Thanks!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543427[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543428[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails purse-outside.jpg   purse-inside.jpg  

Last edited by KenmoreGal2; 02-24-2016 at 07:41 AM.