Old 02-24-2016, 08:44 AM
barbarakibler23

hmmm sorting out candy...

That is the hardest part. I bought these really cute containers that stack (probably 6 x 8") they have a green top on them I think I got them at Joanns. You can add to them and just make a large tower. Mine is about 3 feet

So with that being said...I did start when I was a newbie and sorted out my candies in these cute containers by color. I bought more containers when I need more. That was a perfect world when the amount of candies were manageable. NOW I have a ton (but I love them) and they are just carefully stacked in shoe boxes. So I still have my ever growing tower and add to it while I'm watching TV but mostly I take out ....holiday, kids eye spy, teals (making something for my sister) patriotic and batiks.

Also it's hard sometimes a candy has many colors??? then what do I do with it????

Also keep in mind some patterns say random...I made a quilt where I put squares in a bag and had to pull them out and chain them in pairs. Not knowing what was coming next was kinda fun and it looked great.

Okay anyone else have sorting ideas????????

Barb

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I have been in this swap for the past two years, so I have a stash that can be used. I have about 4 blocks made for Growing Up Odd, so haven't even made a dent in my candies yet. Guess I better get a shorting.

Any good tips for sorting out the candies?