Old 02-25-2016, 05:29 AM
janRN

Thanks ladies for listening to me (again) about DS and my gray hair. Good news so far from Ortho doc. No surgery needed. He re-xrayed the fingers and there is some bone damage but should heal in time. He has full movement in all joints except the top joint of the middle finger. He may still lose that part of his finger but otherwise things look good. He goes back in a week to re-check.

I was so nervous waiting to hear from him yesterday that I sewed like a maniac. I got a bunch of the FWS 1930s blocks made. There are some real difficult ones coming up and then a few very simple ones. Picking fabric is the hardest part. I can only have so many on my flannel wall so I have to keep referring to a pic I took of earlier blocks to make sure I have a nice mix of colors. When we did the first FWS I never used yellow--now it seems I want to use it all the time--you ladies taught and convinced me how much pop yellow can add. Now I'm addicted to it. Snowy, blustery day here so back to the Bat Cave--will do more FWS 1930s blocks.

Have a good day and do something you love. Thanks again for the support when I was freaking out!