View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 03:32 AM
copycat

Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
Our quilt group is ten years old next year and a challenge has been set to celebrate this. The group has the word "GREEN" in their name and the challenge is to incorporate that colour with an idea. The size is 10" x 30" ( so three ten inch blocks ) in whatever style you want. I am not an art quilt girl and I did think of a pieced tree design of some sort. I am really finding it difficult to come up with anything so thought I would ask you all. Thank you so much for any ideas you may have.
The words from your challenge that stand out to me are: "Ten" years old," Celebration", and "Green" using 3 ten inch blocks. What about a birthday theme.... a cake fused to one block with 10 candles to represent the 10 year mark of the guild. The candles could be green. Another block could be your favorite quilt block to represent you as part of the guild.(using green fabrics) and the final block can be a lucky 4 leaf clover or shamrock to represent how lucky you feel to be a part of the guild. Or one block can be used for members to autograph (in a green pen of course.)) Have fun with the challenge and let us know what you decide.