Old 02-26-2016, 08:07 AM
rryder

Thanks JJ, Maniac, Tessagin and Quilty Louise, it was a challenge since the space is only 8' x 8.5" with its center located in the archway between my office and the guest bedroom. I had to fit in the three sewing stations, ironing/cutting and storage for all my threads, books, rulers and most of the fabric while at the same time leaving a way to walk through the archway and also room for folks to get to both sides of the guest bed. I did have some spill over of fabric, embellishments and batting that now inhabit the chest of drawers in the guest room and are stacked on the radiator under the windows, but I'm quilting my way through my stash, so should be able to move some of that stuff out of the way as space opens up in my sewing area. The cutting table and mat located in my main studio (for the paintings, jewelry and sculpture that I actually manage to sell) does double duty as a work surface for those activities when it's not covered in fabric. The sizzix also does double duty as it gets used both in the fiber art/quilting and in my other art.

I'm lucky to live in an old house with a fairly open floor plan and high ceilings, which helps.
Rob