Thread: Quilting Iron
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Quiltmaniac

I had a Rowenta iron for 15 years and loved it - it finally started making funny noises, like something was shorting out where the lead met the iron, so it had to go.

Since I hated the thought of one that switched itself on and off, I purchased a new Rowenta, much fancier, which spit and leaked all over the place and the size of it overwhelmed my short arms and small hands (I'm only 4'11'!) It cost about $110. I returned it (I bought it somewhere online, can't remember where).

I then bought the Rowenta Effective from Bed, Bath & Beyond (in town) - it's more or less the same as the original one I had and I knew would be much easier to return if I didn't get on with it (and the assistant encouraged me to return it if that was the case) - I have had no problems with it at all.

The new generation of irons seem to be huge and heavy. I love my iron (I've had it about six months now). The only thing I don't like is that darned auto switch-off. I know it's a safety thing, and a couple of times I've found it still on the next day (no longer hot, of course) - still, it bugs me