View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Penster

Default Borders needed...looking for ideas

Here is a picture of my work in process....it needs some rather large borders (30 inches added to sides...15 inches each side) and 20 inches to top and bottom (10 each). I have yardage in 3 colors of matching fabric...the dark blue, the dark red with tiny dots, and the cream with red and blue flowers. And I have enough of the plain cream that is already in the quilt to do a small border outside the existing block border. I also splurged and got another package of 10 inch squares so I have the opportunity to make additional blocks or whatever as needed.

SO...any suggestions. First border going on is 4 inches of the plain cream around the small squares, then I need some suggestions. I feel like I would like to do something different...not just strips of fabric. Do you think flying geese would look goofy on the side borders with current pattern on the top? Is it okay to mix up the geometric shapes from the top to the sides? I just sort of feel that it needs something other than squared blocks. But I don't have enough experience to know if it would clash. Is there another relatively easy shape I could do with the 10 inch squares that would look nice?

Any input put would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg