Old 02-29-2016, 05:53 PM
carriem

dublb--I too took a trip to the hospital for surgery today, not for myself but for DMIL...this was the 2nd time in 2 weeks. The first was just for "cells that could be cancerous"...they turned out *to be cancerous* so the surgeon wanted to take a little more tissue to make sure he got it all and also tested the lymph nodes (these were clear). We get the results from the tissue later this week. The surgeon is 95% sure he got it all the first time, so we shall see. DMIL was a bit shocked to find out it was cancerous when she was told to begin with that it wasn't. It is good she had her mammogram and followed up. Her regular doctor told us in November "they" say you don't need them yearly after 75 so it was up to her if she wanted one (she just turned 78 last Monday)...good thing she decided to get "one more".

After the last month of appointments in addition to my regular hectic schedule, let's just say that I am thankful my Spring Retreat is next week!! Now if I can just decide what to work on and get fabrics cut in advance.