View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 06:11 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by gmac01 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the advice. I have decided to continue the class. The teacher is awesome and you can tell she is very knowledgeable and loves sharing her gifts with everyone. The class is the second in a series of skill building projects. I think while I may not like the projects we are currently working on ( designing your own quilt patterns) and sometimes feel rushed to get projects completed, there is still alot I can learn from it all. I'm gonna relax my self expectations to do it all as fast as I can, and just enjoy the experience!
Glad you have decided to stick with it. Sometimes, with skill building classes, teachers will ask for something to be done a specific (and new way) because they plan to have you build upon that skill later.

And while you may not be really enthused about designing your own quilt-you can certainly point proudly later on that you can do that! I too have a tendency in classes to want to finish the project in the class, rush and don't do a great job. But as a teacher, I realize that everyone works at her own speed and some will finish in class, some at home, and some next time around! So enjoy it, decided that you are there to learn as much as you can (AND I bet there's no final exam, right? no grade?!) and you will definitely have some parts of it that you use later, others that are on the "maybe" shelf and other techniques that you decide just aren't for you--but even that is a learning experience.