View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Tothill

Originally Posted by gmac01 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the advice. I have decided to continue the class. The teacher is awesome and you can tell she is very knowledgeable and loves sharing her gifts with everyone. The class is the second in a series of skill building projects. I think while I may not like the projects we are currently working on ( designing your own quilt patterns) and sometimes feel rushed to get projects completed, there is still alot I can learn from it all. I'm gonna relax my self expectations to do it all as fast as I can, and just enjoy the experience!
I have taken many classes over the years, sewing, quilting, gardening, minor home repair and am now a university student. I have never had a belittling instructor as an adult, but I did as a very young child and it haunts me to this day.

Some classes, I have signed up for, turned out not to be what I expected, one bra making class, the instructor was not good at fitting. But that did not stop me from making bras, I found another instructor and was able to fill in the gaps.

I have picked up good tips at each class I have taken (including the bra class where the instructor could not 'fit'), some I use to this day.

I understand about some techniques not being a fit for my preferred methods, but I always try the 'new' way it may just turn out to be easier in the long run.

I am glad you decided to stick it out.