Old 01-23-2010, 04:18 PM
mimisharon

My planning board is auto headliner fabric over a blue insulation board. We screwed it directly to the wall and if it dares to ever begin to sag it will be no problem to zip it down and readjust. My friend had bought a whole roll of it for her quilt shop and gave me a bit for my wall. The advantage is it doesn't hold the 'rafflies' and threads. I can run the lint roller over it after placing all my blocks the way I like.

I missed the point about the block being turned wrong, didn't look to closely at the picture, did I?

My light will always be on for my friends to visit.

I've already tossed around a few fabrics, cut pieces all over the floor again, and threads. But that's the beauty of the sewing room.

I made the storage bag on the wall with clear plastic, bias tape, and my zigzag stitch. Really helps to keep the bits and pieces for different project.

My window is on the east side, so I get nice morning sun and shade all afternoon. It's wonderful. There is a filtering film you can get at Lowe's to put on the window to filter out the UV rays but not block the view. I'm not sure of the cost but I know it would give you peace to look out at the wonderful view.

I get tickled when the squirrels climb up on the ramp rails and eat, they hear my sewing machine going and can't figure out where it is.