Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 04:47 PM
barnbum

I don't need to lose much--but even the last 5 lbs can be tough! BUT I still need to develop strategies so things don't get out of hand. My trouble places are after school and evenings. I think being perimenopausal goofs up my appetite. :| I've tried decaf tea, but it doesn't work. So, after thinking it though, I made a soup that has very few points so I can eat as much as I want in the evenings. Here's what I did:

I put about a tbsp of butter and 2 tsp of olive oil in a deep fry pan and sautéed a small peeled, diced up eggplant and two small cut up summer squash with a bit of onion and maybe 15 cut up baby carrots. I put some of the spicy garlic in it, with dill, salt, and basil. I let it simmer for a bit. Then I added a whole carton (4 cups) of chicken broth--it was NO salt by Kitchen Basics. I added about half of a small can of tomato paste. It simmered for 15-20 min. Holy cow is it good!! It's perfect for warming up after chores. If I have points left I'll put bread pieces in it. It lasted for 4-5 spurts of hunger!