View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 01:56 PM
EmiliasNana

For those of you interested, here are more pics of the cutting/ironing table my DH built. The outside dimensions are 49"L x 26"W x 36" H, big enough for my 24" x 36" mat and long enough for me to unfold a width of fabric and iron it open. The ironing "board" is 24" x 48" with a canvas top over cotton batting and insulbrite stapled to the bottom. My DH added two runners to the bottom so it would sit level and be easy to remove. I made two muslin covers with casing around the outside for a drawstring, and use 4 mattress "garters" to stretch the cover taut over the canvas. I can then remove and wash any starch residue on it and have a spare cover.

The three pegboard pieces slide out of the end and are 22"W x 34" H and fit into an opening with the inside dimensions of 8"W x 22" D. They hold my assortment of rulers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543945[/ATTACH]
The two shelves on the backside of the pegboard space are 20" L x 11" W. They hold an assortment of things: the embroidery carriage, my stitch regulator, my rotating mat, etc. To the right, in the space occupied by the pegboard cavity, are Command hooks holding up my FMQing mid-arm rulers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543946[/ATTACH]
On the opposite side are two shelves and 6 cubbies. The shelves are 21 1/4" L x 16 1/4" deep and hold four machines.
The cubbies are approx. 11 1/2" W x 16 1/2" deep x varying heights (depending on what you want to store) I used some of the plastic containers I had which hold various projects and my ironing supplies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543947[/ATTACH]
Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4924.jpg   dscf4923.jpg   dscf4922.jpg