View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Libster

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I just became aware that I never formally introduced myself.

I am Billi I grew up sewing and quilting with my mom and older sister. Mom was an excellent seamstress and owned her own business making custom drapes, bed spreads and slip covers. From a very young age all of us kids, even the boys helped out. Sometimes it was just extra hands were needed when the drapes were being fan folded in order to tack in the pleats and hang them, other times it was helping with the cutting or moving of heavy fabrics. As we got older we were helping with the construction on her heavy duty industrial sewing machines.

Later after she sold the business we started quilting for enjoyment. For several years we enjoyed playing in moms workroom, visiting (read) terrorizing quilt shops, and taking classes together. This was in the late 80's and early 90's. My mom and I even took a class from Eleanor Burns. Mom got sick late 90's and passed away 1999 and I had two small kids and lost all desire to sew anything. About 3 years ago I went with a friend to a quilt shop in the spur of the moment I bought a jelly roll and a pattern and made the quilt (pictured below) that started my obsession of making each of my 11 nieces and nephews a quilt to replace the ones I had made so many years ago. This one went to the oldest and his wife when I gave it to them he told me he still had the first one I made him. It's tattered and torn and put away with other childhood mementoes and he brought tears to my eyes. I still have three to go.

Anyway I don't know how I found QB probably researching something then I stumbled across boom 12 signups and joined. I have enjoyed everyone of them so much I found a way to justify joining this one and not create another UFO. For someone who only started sewing again 3 years ago I have ridiculous number of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543955[/ATTACH]

I also tend to be overly chatty
Love the blues in this one.