Old 03-04-2016, 04:36 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Default Lion I-Spy and Match Game - addl pic post #41

Today is my newest grandson's first birthday. I started this quilt for him about nine months ago and it is finally finished! He'll have to settle for pictures for now as I won't see them until next month and I'm too scared to send it [loss or damage]. It is completely an original design. There are two of every block for matching. He is a dual US-Canadian citizen so there are the Canadian Maple Leaf and the US Flag. His name means regal lion, so the colors and top are lion related. I had put the moon and stars on the left, but needed to balance the right... after thinking a while, why not add the Leo constellation! I got the lion to surround it from coloring pages and sewed it straight line. The hexie quilting on the top took about 3 hours with all of the starts and stops. The hexagon blocks were all sewn with partial seams so there is not a 'long' side to their borders. [I know, no one will notice that but me] The back is flannel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543977[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]543978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]543979[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543980[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails finished-full-view-sm.jpg   constellation-leo-sm.jpg   finished-label-flannel-backing-sm-qb.jpg   sleeping-lion-sm.jpg