Old 03-04-2016, 05:37 AM
janRN

What pretty quilts you ladies have made--yinz are so productive. I spent all day (like 6 hours) working on a 6" Pineapple block. The hardest part was getting the colors right. Finally found a combo I liked, finished the block, stood back to admire it and: piece #21 (out of 48) was wrong!!!!! No way to salvage it, the strips are only 1/2" wide and there's no way to unsew it. So I'll try it again today. It's cold and we got snow overnight so I'm staying home today. How can one make a silly mistake like that? I colored all the sections so I wouldn't mess up. Well, at least with that small of a block there's very little wasted fabric.

My son had another dr's appt yesterday. All looks good thank God. He has full movement in all fingers & thumb but he still has to wear splints and isn't allowed to grip anything for another 4 weeks. He can resume traveling (darn it). He's upset because he won't be able to golf for at least 2 months. But he now realizes this was serious, don't think he realized how close he came to losing those body parts. Thanks again for all you kindness & understanding when this Mama Bear freaks out over her cub!