Old 01-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Ginabelle

Good evening Ladies, I threw my name in the hat for Dear Jane the other day and got started. I ordered the software and rulers, then took off to my LQS to get fabric. It was so-o-o much fun!

I am making DJ with white kona background and bright pastels. Since I live in Charleston, SC I am going to call my quilt Jane on Rainbow Row. If I get real industrious, I am going to make a second with black as the background and call it Jane on Rainbow Row at Night. I would also like to make one using CW repros in shades of brown and rust and call it Jane at Fort Sumter. (Little bit of history in case y'all didn't know the first shot of the Civil War was fired at Fort Sumter here in Charleston).

Anyway, after all this I got called to work in Kansas City for the next 2 weeks, so I won't be able to start my DJ until I get home, so I will be way behind. I would like to have posted pics of my fabric to get your opinions, but this job came up so suddenly, I had to pack and leave very quickly. So I will have to lean on y'all for support while I'm playing catch up, if that's okay. I'll be working about 70 or 75 hours per week the 2 weeks I'm out here, so probably won't be around much between, but will try to keep up with how y'all are doing.

I LOVE everyones blocks so far, they are so spectacular! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this :-D