Old 03-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Gerrycnx

Default International forum you said...well here I am !!

Hi everyone !

First thing i want to say is that I am not English/American mother-tongue so please excuse my mistakes. (and now I have a free pass to forget English grammar )

I am Gerry (full name Giraldina) and I am an Italian lady leaving in Chiang Mai - Thailand.

I found a new job here 4 years ago and I was happy to move and start a new adventure with my husband even if I am not a young girl....I will turn 40 in September .

I am lucky because here I can have a little bit of room for my sewing room ( I am in the process of remodeling it) ...and few month ago I started to check information and learn Patch-working and Quilt. I was super-excited so I try immediately...just to realize that if I know a little more...would be better. My first quilt (something like lap quilt) suffer extreme lateral cut because sewing it went sooo wrong : the top moved too much --I was "quilting it" without walking foot --at the time I was brave and stupid... and I started all my quilting line from the same side...silly me -- Results..I had a very skinny and weird quilt and the awareness that I had a long learning journey in front of me...

From then I made a tiny wall-work (to regain trust in myself) and I just finished my first baby-quilt for a friend's newborn ( It is not perfect..the quilt I mean, the baby born is really cute...he was newborn when I started it...now he is almost 2 month...but don't tell anyone...)

Well, sorry If I talk too much but here, far away and with very strange work time table, sometimes I feel a little lonely and it is difficult to find people that share my same interest (my husband is not really a quilt person...and my cats just try to still my tools at the first chance..) So I found out that internet could be a nice resource...anyway it is my quilt learning resource so...why not.

I hope we will have fun together.

Gerry