View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Dollyo

Default Vintage Quilt Restored and Quilted

I finished restoring and quilting the Dresden Plate quilt top that was found in the attic of the house that we purchased from an estate in 1994. Here are the pics of the quilt w/the repairs done and quilted w/a ribbon meander. I was lucky enough to find a green thread that matched perfectly. Found a suitable fabric for binding. Just a heads up on the repairs, there were many great suggestions about how to fix the holes in the quilt. I went w/cutting the corners off. Within 5 minutes of doing that, I had a head slapping "DUH" moment. I was ironing the back and noticed all of the fabric behind the plates that would have been perfect for the repairs and I wouldn't have lost the corners.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544229[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544230[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544231[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544232[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544233[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1-dresden-plate.jpg   2-dresden-plate-corner-detail.jpg   3-dresden-plate-label.jpg   4-dresden-plate-repair-2.jpg   5-dresden-plate-repair.jpg