View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
Fastpedal

Nice that you have a dedicated room for your sewing and your husband is willing to fix it up so that it is convenient for you. We moved two years ago and my sewing room now is on the sunporch. I move part of it inside in the cold months. Don't know about your budget but there are some things you can do that I wouldn't be without. First, is the height of my cutting table. Just putting longer legs on the table made out of PVC pipe does two things for you: it raises the height for easier cutting and gives you room underneath for storage. The second thing I would not be without is a quilter's ironing board. I purchased a dining room serving cart at an auction and my husband put it on casters. The cart has drawers (longs ones for 24 inch rulers and small draws for templates and small items) as well as space for baskets to store projects in progress. The ironing board sits on top of it. More sturdy then a regular ironing board. The cart with the ironing board on top serves as a side table for my sit down as well. Many years ago my husband made a table for my sewing machine out of a half sheet of plywood and put a pull out (like a computer keyboard) for my machine to sit on. He put a shelf under the table for storage of books and bins. Options for small spaces and not a big investment.