Old 03-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Divokittysmom

Default Ever NOT been able to 'relate' to a machine??

I'm curious if any of you have ever purchased a machine and then just not been able to really 'relate' to it? There are just certain things about the machine that you are just not happy with?? It is such a popular machine yet it just doesn't 'work' for you?? Has this ever happened to any of you??
Here's my story:
I'm feeling pretty bad about purchasing a Featherweight (FW) ... which I KNOW I can sell and recoup my money at any time... I thought this little machine (which is really a great little machine), would resolve several issues I have been having. It's tiny, lightweight, sews beautifully and is super super easy to take RVing and to quilt classes. What's Not to like???
I began upgrading my machines in 1998 to modern machines with lots of bells and whistles. The one thing I have always disliked was having a machine break down, give me problems, not work properly etc etc while trying to sew/quilt! I have now worked my way up to 2 top of the line machines with embroidery and enjoy them immensely!! However, as many of you know, they are quite heavy! I have a very bad back and wrists soooo the tiny FW seemed to be the perfect answer for me. I guess, I really wasn't prepared to step 'that far' back into sewing history! lol
While I seriously LOVE everything about this little machine for it's history, looks, portability, perfect little stitch (most of the time) etc.... I found that I really really missed all those bells and whistles! I missed my needle up/down, pivot, auto thread cutter, applique' stitches I could go on and on.... and I'm trying not to sound like a snob or a bragger here! I just realized that I had worked very hard to get to the top of the line machines and now I had taken a giant step backward! 79 years back in time!
So now my Wiser Self has learned, that although something can be just absolutely perfect for some people, it doesn't necessarily mean it's perfect for everyone.. No matter how popular something is, no matter how many people tell you that it's absolutely perfect for you.....it just might not work for you.
I have NO plans to sell my little FW at all! I feel honored to own a piece of sewing History! Hubby told me to keep her and take her along on the RV and see if it works for me in there, where I would only be piecing. Yep, He's a keeper for sure!!
Please sign me....
not bashing the featherweights at all, I still love them.... spoiled by modern machines amenities and can't do with out them

Sew Sincerely,
Sheriann