Old 03-09-2016, 02:24 PM
sailsablazin

A few years ago I ended up experiencing some thyroid difficulties and had to have my thyroid gland radiated. (I swallowed a radioactive tablet and stayed away from all family members and people in general for 48 hours.) UGH!
I had never had a problem previously, but due to DH's allergies I make all meals from scratch. In other words I do a lot of cooking and was using silverstone coated pans. I am a RN and did lots of research as to why I had a problem. In my opinion it was the coating on the pans.
As a result I threw out all of my coated pots and pans, teflon or whatever the latest coating is now. I ended up buying ALL CLAD (expensive) stainless steel pots and pans and LOVE THEM! I waited for a sale at the local department store and used coupons and opened a charge card to get the best deal that I could find. (Paid off the charge the next day).
Bought our son the same set but $200 cheaper on e-bay a year later. (DUH!)
The research stated that the coatings can cause a whole list of health issues. I would recommend ALL CLAD---well worth the cost.....after all these pans will last beyond my lifetime.