View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Gerrycnx

Default choosing fabric for next project

Hi everyone.

As some of you know I am quite new to quilting so I would like to understand if my chose make sense or if you have any suggestion about how to choose colors for a new project.

I have to say that I am quite slow in the project part... I double, triple think and at the moment I am not still pretty sure about the pattern that I will use...) I have a rugh idea in my head of what feeling I want to accomplish but still not how) .I just want to do something with these fabrics/colors. Do you think they fit together? How do you decide for fabrics?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544412[/ATTACH]

I don't really understand the values of color. I think that the purple one on the left is dark, the stripes one light and the purple batik the blue one should be medium light and the colorful one should be medium dark in my opinion.

If I see them in black and white ( I saw some of you do that...I liked the idea) they look all quite dark except the stripe one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544413[/ATTACH]

Do you think I am lacking of lights?

I would like to use the stripe as a background of the block so I will probably have the light color coming up a lot balancing the entire thing.

Do you think they fit together? How do you decide for fabrics?

About the pattern I am still not sure because I would like to try something less squared...so maybe try some rounded shapes...but I am not sure to be ready ... Any advices would be largely appreciated :-)
Attached Thumbnails scelta-colori.jpg   b-w.jpg  

Last edited by Gerrycnx; 03-09-2016 at 06:02 PM.