View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Dina

Choosing fabric is always hard for me. I know I spend way too much time worrying about it. I can't even decide if I should select fabric first or the pattern.

I have learned that the only way I can decide on fabric is to make one block and see if I like it. Depending on your block, I think your fabric could look good together. You have light, medium, and dark....and that is good.

Just play with it and see what you think. You could even cut tiny pieces and lay them on a piece of paper in the block shapes you are thinking of. (Now, if you don't plan on a pattern that uses a block...and a lot of my quilts fit that category, you could just cut one inch strips of the various fabrics and lay them together to see how they look. And, then again, maybe you are one of those lucky folks who can tell if fabric goes together just by putting them side by side....)

Not much help, am I....sorry. I do think your fabrics could be good together, I wouldn't even worry about the stripes...if they are a bit crooked, and that is the only real problem with stripes, that never bothers me.

Looking at your fabric again, I might leave the fabric with blocks out and concentrate on the others....but maybe not. Just play with it all a bit and then go for it! Quilting is supposed to be fun, not real stressful, and stressing over fabric too long is not any fun.

Good luck.

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 03-09-2016 at 08:22 PM.