View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Alu_Rathbone

I don't have a photo of Ozzie and Salem on my sign in on our computer, so I'll post them as soon as I can... hopefully tomorrow! lol

So, lets start with Joe.

My sister wanted a cat for the longest time, so mom started to look for one. She found this woman who took in homeless cats, brought them back to health, and then she would find them good homes.

Joe and his brother and sister (the brother we had also adopted) were found in a trash can by one of their neighbors when they were just babies! So the lady took them in and raised them till ready to go home.

We arrived at their home so Katie, my sister, could pick out a kitten. She saw and fell in love with this all black kitten but he was too young to go home and he already had a home waiting for him. So she continued to look.

My mom and I noticed this little kitten, who was brown and black and other brownish colors was following her with every step she took.

"Katie, what about this kitty, he seems to really like you." My mom said.

Now, my sister was about seven years old at the time (I'm the oldest child for both my parents) and she was pretty much really into the all black cat. My mom had to really explain to her that the little guy had a home.

So then she finally turned around and took a look at the little guy following her around.

She fell in love almost immediately. She decided that he was the one and that was that.

The ladies husband asked her what she would name him and the first and only name out of my sisters mouth was ... "Joe". The man asked her if she was sure and she said yes.

A week later, we ended up returning and adopting Joe's brother, Bram. He took us about a week and a half to name. Nothing seemed to fit.

But he would run up our bodies and nuzzle in to out necks and bite! (Bram that is) So we thought, Vamp... Dracula... Bram Stoker... and that just stuck.

Bram was my baby... I loved him with all my heart. He passed away Christmas Day of 2008. We are not sure what he died from but he was sick. He was scheduled for blood tests to determine why he was so ill. He died two days prior to this. I miss him so much...

Next, in this post... we have... Gavin and Tequila!

Gavin was given to us by a family friend who could not bring him with to their new apartment. He is such a sweetie! He is all black except with the white on his chest and tummy. He is what my mom calls a needy bastard... cause he just absolutely loves the attention!!! He is also very oppinionated... and extremely smart... he knows how to spell cookie (the dog treats) and bye bye... and he knows cookie in two languages...

Tequila was an abused dog that was found by the local vet wandering the streets. The owner of the little convienence store across the street from the vet had adopted her but she was not fairing well with his puppy. So he asked if my mom would take her in. Mom originally said no... but he said just take her for the week and if it didn't work out, that we could bring her back... Well... that was about 4 years ago... and she is still here. She's a blond too!

Gavin is about 8 or 9 years old we got him when he was about 2 and Tequila is about 13 or 14 years old. She still acts like a puppy.

Here are the photos... The one of the pups also includes Oreo, the shi tzu. He now lives with my sisters boyfriends Aunt. He followed my sister home after she rescued him from being hit by a car... he was a total mess... We reported finding him and no one came forward to claim him. So we had him for about 2 and half 3 years... he was a pup when the photo was taken...

Joe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67023[/ATTACH]

Bram RIP 12-25-2008
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67024[/ATTACH]

Tequila Oreo and Gavin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67025[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67018.jpe   attachment-67019.jpe   attachment-67020.jpe