Old 03-10-2016, 07:42 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

You will end up with two ‘remote’ corners with no color… see my lower right hand corner in the above photo? My upper left corner is the other ‘remote’ corner. Just place any two candy squares in those corners. You will add three more in the border later, to create a small diamond in those two corners.
Now you will begin “snowballing” your candy pieces to the exact corners of the 4.5” squares they are laid on. Begin by picking up only one or two 4.5” squares and sewing the candy squares on, then pressing and replacing them in the layout. By only moving a couple at a time you won’t get your layout mixed up. So, take that first square up, and TURN THE CANDY SQUARE FACE DOWN so that you will be sewing right sides together. You can use whatever method you like to sew that diagonal seam—drawing a line from corner to corner on the candy, or pressing diagonally to get a line, or my preferred method: just point and shoot! I line up my corners and do my best to sew a straight line between them. My seams in this photo are in gray thread.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02332.jpg