View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Cordelia

I bought the Electric Quilt Program about a year ago and had LOADS of fun designing quilt patterns.

I designed this (so I thought) a year ago and will make it eventually. However, I naively thought that I invented the pattern. (I had never seen it before.)

I was quite proud of it and named it "Neptune's Whimsical Starfish."

Well, I showed it off to my mom and she pulled out some pattern book and showed me a pattern called "Monkey Wrench" or some thing. Then I saw a beautiful quilt just like it at the Quilt Show in Lancaster yesterday.

Alas, this is not my original idea after all, but shows how new I am to the quilting world. Like any brilliant idea I've thought I had, I always find out someone else has already thought about it.

Anyway ... I have several designs that I've come up with and can't figure out how to make them.

I came up with this baby quilt design and tried to sew one of the blocks and couldn't figure it out. I picked the block from the library of blocks in the program, but it doesn't have sewing directions. So, I can't make it because I don't know how to sew the blocks.

Alas, it was fun picking the colors, etc.

This is a paper pieced pattern I came up with that I call "Stone Washed Tiles."

Stone Washed Tiles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7762[/ATTACH]

Neptune's Whimsical Starfish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7764[/ATTACH]

Impossible crib quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7894[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7762.jpe   attachment-7764.jpe   attachment-7894.jpe