View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Sneed

I did all of the quilting myself on my Brother 1500 using Superior So Fine #50 and Bottom Line in the bobbin. When it came to the grid work I was really stumped.

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Your quilt is stunning. I have that pattern along with a kit primarily in reds. After seeing yours, I know I have to bump it up on the list. What size did your quilt finish?

The quilter did a phenomenal job of enhancing the quilt's beauty. I'd love to have the name & info of the person who quilted it. Please feel free to PM me with the address and phone number of the quilter, unless they say it would be all right to publish the info on line. And please compliment them from me. It is really spectacular!
I did all of the quilting myself on my Brother 1500 using Superior So Fine#50 and Bottom Line in the bobbin. When it came to the grid I was really stumped. I wanted to follow the curvature rather that do just a plain grid. I drew it all out on graph paper and then transferred that to freezer paper using two layers that I could iron onto the quilt and stitch along the edge of the paper. It was quite a job, but I liked the way it turned out. The finished size of mine is 59 1/2" square. I had to fudge just a tiny bit as my wall hanger is just 62."

I think Black, Red and White would be fantastic with this pattern. I really want to see yours when you finish. Better get going...this isn't an overnight project. LOL

Thanks so much for your very kind words and the many comments from everyone.