Old 03-11-2016, 04:01 PM
My time

Well I bought a used Elna sewing machine 30 years ago. That machine could sew through anything, when it felt like it. When i say felt like it I mean it. Back in the day I used to sew on our kitchen table. I was in the business of sewing cabbage patch clothes when they were all the rage. More than once I would step away from the machine to make lunch or supper for the kids, without touching anything! After making the lunch or supper, i would go back to my machine to continue sewing. The machine would stop stitching properly. Skipping stitches, not picking up the bottom thread. It would drive me to tears because it worked perfectly before I had taken the break. I could never find a rhyme or reason for it. It was happening so much it was taking the joy out of sewing. It was like the thing was possessed! I know this sounds weird. Even as I tell you this tale I'm thinking...their never going to believe this! Point of my story is I have had several machines since this Elna, and I have never had a problem any of them. So yes it was a machine I could never relae to!