Old 03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
moonrise

Originally Posted by tlpa View Post
Yup, I've done this with a few machines...bought a used Pfaff 7570 after hearing how people loved them & I wanted the IDF. I never bonded with the machine, never used it, didn't like using it, and actually just sold it to a gentleman wanting to make things for his boat (apparently he had had a 7530 which finally gave out and wanted a similar machine). Also bought a used Viking serger 905. Loved it and thought I'd like the bells & whistles of the 910 and 936 so bought them as I came across them locally. Couldn't get used to them and sold them off and kept my 905. I want my machine to perform well when I want to use it and have a nice stitch. I don't want to have to fuss. I'm pretty happy with my current array of machines so don't think I'll be picking anything up in the near future.
Ditto on the Pfaff 7570. I inherited my grandmother's when she passed a few years ago. Oh, how she loved that machine! I remember when she bought it (new). You would've thought she won the lottery. <3

I've tried and tried to get used to it, but it has never grown on me. I can't even explain why. The machine works just fine, but it kind of feels like I'm wearing clothes that don't fit.