Old 03-12-2016, 03:13 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Did you oil the linkage and the part that is supposed to go up and down? Those can be a pain in the neck to get to move. I had to take one apart once and replace a part. It was a little tricky. If you use heat, there are some plastic or nylon parts in the elevator piece so be careful with heat. Somewhere I saw an illustration of what to oil. For the linkage, turn the machine on edge and track where the lifter goes clear to the elevator. You will need to oil all along the path any places that join or move. I don't know if the manual has anything about oiling points on that. Usually tri-flo gets that moving but I've had a few that didn't move well until the oil soaked in good. Turn the machine over a different direction and re-oil. I'm glad you were able to get some lint out of there. It should run a bit better. Put a drop of oil below that where metal goes around. When I take the throat plate off, I pull the needle and the presser foot. Then I raise the throat plate, lower the feed dogs and slide the plate out. It won't go straight off.

Last edited by miriam; 03-12-2016 at 03:19 AM.