View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 08:48 AM
ErgoTiger

Default Old School Vintage Tailoring

At some future point, I want to be able to work for myself. Doing custom, made to fit, more ergonomic to each fit/person custom high quality tailoring. Also looking at doing custom medical (example: custom foam pieces, bed gowns, or clothing for wheelchair persons). And even doing custom made boots down the road.

I also might have a chance to help out doing costumes for the local high school drama class. So, besides staying local, maybe posting my work on a Facebook, how would support myself & wife till I was keeping a study businesses? Maybe, have the individuals buy the supplies, make the wife and I, our own clothing, which is what Im already starting to do. And use our selves, and the work Id do for cost "Just to get my name and work out there?"

At the moment, we're just living on her SSD, and I havent worked in a few years, I hurt my back/neck at work, so working for myself would be key here. And till I was doing and keeping work "Tailoring" and money I make hurts the wife's SSD "Which is just not right!"

Upcoming projects:

Denim jacket with leather trim
Denim Vest with leather trim
Motorcycle jackets & Jeans Super Light armor (That will actually work because it fits you right)
Denim Patch Dress "custom made for wheelchair needs"
Custom phone/tablet neck lanyard "Custom made for wheelchair needs"
Denim/leather Moccasins
"custom made for wheelchair needs"
Leather/Mesh Moccasins with cork/leather insoles " I have fibromyalgia, & be nice for diabetics too"
Denim jeans that actually fit me
Cotton Twill work dress shirts, that actually fit me
Custom backpacks, saddle bags, "Pretty much Toddler proof/tough"
Custom Rain/Outdoor jackets
Wall Hanging Picture quilts of the Red Desert and Teton Mountains

Ive looked online, and really not finding a forum Im liking. And Im guessing we have a few members on QB that does clothing as well? Im not planning on making cash or this as a job for two years or so, but Im wanting to make some kind of plan here, and just do what I enjoy doing, and just seems not to be off the shelf opinions for kids/adults with limited mobility, and for a one person shop, this would give me a great selling point vs big corp/dept clothing stores?

Thoughts?
Shane

Last edited by ErgoTiger; 03-12-2016 at 08:51 AM.