View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Quilter 65

Default Need a little help from my friends

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544629[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544630[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544631[/ATTACH]

This quilt as it is on the board is 56 x 56. I am designing as I go and I have had all kinds of math things to solve, which isn't my thing. I have tried a ribbon border, a tri-rec block in the upper right on the second picture and it is lost, then I have laid the focus fabric beside it. Should I add another row of blocks all around or just to top and bottom (I am wanting at least 60x80) or add a border and then a wider border of white and bind with focus fabric. It seems to me that the focus fabric is a bit heavy after all the white, but I am totally stumped. I have enough fabric to try a variety of things and enough kits to make some more blocks. Should I add a row to top and bottom, do a stop border and then white and bind in focus fabric and have some killer quilting in all the white?? Looking for ideas because I really need to move on to about 4 other projects that I have started and interrupted for this. Oh, and I tried about an inch of the piano keys for the stop border and not sure I am liking that either.
Attached Thumbnails img_0038.jpg   img_0041.jpg   img_0040-001.jpg