View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 10:15 AM
roguequilter

this is a gorgeous quilt! your handquilting is as beautiful & well done as your block/quilt piecing. i always love seeing your latest quilt finishes! i too have used colored thread like black when hand quilting. i like the look on yours too. when i started handquilting years ago it was so relaxing it reminded me of doing embroidery. so, i experimented with doing what you did here. i've done it several times now and love the look. a suggestion tho? i have a couple of small handquilting projects i can go to when the big, need to finish, project done. all the chatter about ufo's & wip's are, in my mind silly. our quilting predecessors would never have worried about such and neither do i. i have a pretty little wall hanging that took 13 yrs to complete, from first fabric cut to last stitch in binding. it recieves many compliments when visitors see it & i've grown to love telling them how many years i worked on it. so ..make something & put together a project that's just for the joy of doing, not worry about finishing. a "go to" forever project.