View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Paula Z in AZ

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
Does anyone else wonder why we can't buy an iron without steam? Seems to me that the manufacturer that comes up with a hole-less plate on an iron that gets hot enough and has an always on option could sell quite a few units...what do yall think?
I have two irons, one purchased at estate sales for $1 and it's been going strong for at least 4 yrs now. It's an older (olive green - gives it's age away) :lol: Sunbeam, dry iron with a Point!

When I was 7 or 8, while ironing my dad's handkerchiefs (remember those?) I sat the iron up and it fell back down on the top of my hand!! Dad took me to the ER they wrapped it up and when I got home dad gave me some ice cream to make it all better... LOL But, I still have issues with standing an iron up.

My newest (3 yrs old now) is my Oliso, which I also like a lot because it does have an auto-off as well as "lifter legs". When I touch the handle the iron is hot in a matter of seconds. The "lifter legs" are great for me because I've always (repeat always) had a problem with lifting up the iron to stand it on-end, when I take my hand off the handle the iron "lifts up" ... love it - one drawback is the POINT is rounded :roll: