Thread: Quilt top stash
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 09:10 AM
Snooze2978

I'm glad to say I have quilting my last UFO quilt top. Whenever I make a top I decide then what binding to use and make it up ahead of time. I'll put the binding with the top so its not lost in the mess down here. As for the backing, I was having issues with which ones I had backings for so I made up a chart I now keep up on the wall near my PC so I can just look at it and see which tops still need a backing and then when I see someone having a sale I'll go check for the backings then. Before that I would order a backing only to find out I already have one so I'm now saddled with a couple backings and no tops to go with them.

As to fabrics for future projects, I have one cabinet just for those projects and as I find the pattern and start looking/adding fabrics to go with it I add it to the pile for that particular project. My cabinet is crammed with the various fabrics now and even loaded down on top with the bolts of fabrics as they won't fit inside the cabinet. Forgot to tag the bolts though for which project they go to so will need to do that one of these days soon. Most of them is obvious but a few are questionable. Yes, I try to keep organized but occasionally I slip.