View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 05:02 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

OK it appears a lot of the responders are thinking the QD poly batting is like Hobbs polydown or your run in the mill poly. It is NOTHING like that!! I did a quilt using it and I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between QD normal poly and Hobbs 80/20. The QD black poly (and also their white) are low loft and handle like Hobbs 80/20 both in needling, weight and hand/feel. As well as slippage. Polydown and like products tend to shift a lot when DM quilting. QD Poly (select loft) and Midnight Poly (which ONLY comes in select loft) do NOT. They actually kind of grab the fabric like 80/20 does. Regular quilters dream poly and midnight poly should not be confused with their product dream puff which is like regular lofty poly like Hobbs Polydown.

I can't answer your question regarding the spray baste as the one time I used it I hand quilted so stitch basted it. But I suspect, given it's hand and it's low loft it would probably behave quite nicely with spray baste or Elmers School glue basting method.

http://www.quiltersdreambatting.com/midnight-dreams.htm

Last edited by feline fanatic; 03-16-2016 at 05:06 AM.