Old 03-16-2016, 11:09 AM
MattieMae

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Ditto on the Pfaff 7570. I inherited my grandmother's when she passed a few years ago. Oh, how she loved that machine! I remember when she bought it (new). You would've thought she won the lottery. <3
I've tried and tried to get used to it, but it has never grown on me. I can't even explain why. The machine works just fine, but it kind of feels like I'm wearing clothes that don't fit.
Oh my! I'm like your grandmother. I love my Pfaff 7570 so much I bought a second one as a spare in case the original bit the dust. They may be old, but they were made in Germany and their performance is still excellent.

When I go to quilt shows I try out the new machines, and even filled out a sales order for a new Bernina. Then my friend asked me why I was buying a new machine since I liked my Pfaffs so much. She was right, everything about the 7570 feels good and natural for me. A person is fortunate if they find a machine that suits them to a T.

I should also add that I love my vintage Featherweights, especially their little chugging sound as they sew along.