View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 11:49 AM
quiltingcandy

My sewing room was my daughter's room. We had a Murphy Bed put in so I would have the space. When I first set up the room I had a a treadle sewing machine and my 15-91 (which is in a cabinet). I also bought a computer desk for my TV and DVD player. It has a keyboard shelf that stores my rulers and storage underneath. This was 10 years ago. As time has passed, I have bought a Janome MC600P and a Husqvarna Topaz 20 (an embroidery/sewing machine) to add to the other 2 machines. My DD left behind a large cabinet that I use for fabric and the closet is a full wall length closet for storage. IKEA has some very reasonable priced wire shelves that I put in the closet with the boxes of fabric.

My ironing board is a large one, but I also made a large board to fit on top, so it can be stored behind a door when not in use. My cutting table folds up and is a full length mirror when not used for cutting fabric or sandwiching a quilt. (It is used a lot to wrap packages, too.)

Know one thing - your room will change over time. As you get more involved you will need to change around. When I started quilting I never planned to own an embroidery machine, in fact, I refused to even look at the for years. Then wanted more decorative stitches and the machine I bought have both. Personally I would insist on having a room in the house unless you have a finished garage. When I was in Houston 2 years ago the humidity was so thick it was hard to breath, I cannot believe that would bode well for machines and stored fabric.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 03-16-2016 at 11:59 AM.