Old 03-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Quilter 65

Default D4P On-Point with Sashing--Several Firsts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545304[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]545305[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545306[/ATTACH]
This is my first D4P. I choose to set it on point and use sashing which was kind of a first since I hadn't sashed individual blocks before. I had leftover charm squares from another quilt and thought this would be a good way to use them. The main fabric is by Marianne Elizabeth and is wonderful, soft, with full body and I really like the wonderful colors. The setting triangles are a blender fabric by Maywood and I have found that they have wonderful sueded-like colors and I really like the weight of their fabric. It was a search to find the muted sage green/ecru to blend. The first time for a piano-key boarder. When I got to the corners, I could have mitered them, but chose the easy way out with a little paper piecing and it turned out okay. I had decided that this simple pattern would be best shown off by fabulous quilting, which I didn't do. But I think she knocked it out of the park. My respect for longarmers continues to grow as my feeble attempts yesterday at quilting a table topper ended in frustration and "It didn't look like that in my mind!" So hats off to all the longarmers who take my less-than-perfect tops and makes them look great. For all the DSM quilters, how do you do it?? Hope you all have a fabulous palm Sunday weekend.
Attached Thumbnails img_0057-002.jpg   img_0059.jpg   img_0058-003.jpg