Thread: Quilt in a day
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 12:13 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I am a big fan of Eleanor Burns and have several of her books, and have made several quilts from those books. One year the family reunion quilt I made was the Dresden Plate from her book, forget which one now, but my brother, who won the quilt, and is known for voicing his opinion, whether nice or not - he told me that it would be hard to outdo that quilt as it was the best one I ever did; quite a compliment from him, especially. My family came through with some gorgeous medium fabrics that did make a spectacular quilt, I like to think it was my skill as a quilter, however, my family was on the same wave length when choosing their fabrics. I also made the Lover's Knot quilt for my son and his fiancé, although when she called the wedding off, it became the "Lover's NOT" quilt, which I finished and donated to my church for the raffle quilt at the Holiday Fair where it made over $2,000; not a record but close, and out of sadness came joy. I love her patterns as the directions are easy to follow, allowing me the pleasure in making spectacular quilts.