Old 03-22-2016, 02:24 AM
coffeecozy

Default Need helpful hints for a Winding Ways block

I have always wanted to make a Winding Ways quilt. The accu go die seemed to be the best way for me to cut it out. I sprayed a layer cake with plenty of Mary Ellens best press. I even watched Ebony Love's video on sewing it together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXdnEJXFh_c I had heard that it was easier than some other curved quilts to piece so I was feeling pretty confident when I sat down yesterday to put a block together. Boy, was that short lived!
Ebony Loves order for putting it together was very helpful and the pieces are cut out so perfectly. I did find it very difficult to get the pieces to stay matched perfectly as I slid them under my presser foot. Do you start these with a pin at the beginning?
My block is not very flat and my edges are not perfectly straight. The mostly likely culprits I think are the skinny little centre pieces. They are a sharper curve than the other pieces.
Can anyone offer any more tips for this block? It will be stuffing my dogs bed if my blocks all look this wonky.