View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 08:14 AM
letawellman

OK, so I've been "missing in action" a few days now, but I have looked in from time to time to be sure I don't get too far behind on cheering for everyone's finishes...

JuanitaBean and Joe's Mom, I LOVE your scrappy finishes!! I've always liked "other people's" scrap quilts, and have been saving my scraps for "one day". But it's only been recently that I felt any real enthusiasm to do a scrap quilt of my own. Since Moda came out with their "Sampler Block Shuffle", my attitude has changed. I think part of it is that there's "no pressure" - none of my fabric HAS to match "just so", I'm using up my scraps, I can work on it whenever I feel like it, and so on. So, I managed to get three done last week!!

Julie R, I'm not much of a table runner person, but yours is just so pretty, it makes me look around to see where I could fit one in my house. And don't you just love how quickly a "big block" quilt goes together?!?

I was digging around in my totes, and found another UFO - a panel with one border on it. The panel is all kinds of cars and trucks. So, I added two more borders, and the last border is nearly done. I'm hoping that with the long weekend coming up, I can finish this to give to Oakley so that he won't feel left out when his little sister gets the rainbow Lone Star. That will be my 2nd finish for March. Fingers crossed that I can "get 'er done!"