Thread: Juki machines
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 10:22 AM
NanaInVirginia

I used a TL Juki 98Q (predecessor to the 2010) on a Gracie lite frame for several years. It is definitely not a longarm but even on a queen size quilt I never had only 3" of quilting space. I use only warm and natural batting though, so a thicker batting would result in a smaller quilting area. On longer quilts (like a queen) I would have a little less than 5" space on the last two or three passes. You just have to plan for that.

If the Juki was what my budget allowed I would NOT hesitate to purchase one. I purchased from Ken's Sewing Center in fall 2009. When I sold the machine and frame in spring of 2015 I sold it for $25 more than I paid for it, but I did include extra bobbins, cloth leaders, a light, etc (about $100 cost total). I wanted to keep the machine to have a spare for piecing but as a condition of getting my new longarm I had promised DH that I would sell it. I also own a Juki HZL‑F600 that I use almost daily for piecing. I got a great deal on it also. You really can't beat the value offered by a Juki!

Last edited by NanaInVirginia; 03-22-2016 at 10:25 AM.