Old 03-22-2016, 10:39 AM
NanaInVirginia

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
2 things I haven't seen mentioned yet:

2. I have a couple of friends who find the 26" machines uncomfortable. They are petite and the machine is too big for them to move across the entire depth of the frame. This is not something husbands consider very often, at least not MY husband, who thinks the new couch is perfectly fine, while I struggle and squirm to get comfortable on it.
This poster makes an excellent point. I am 5'5" and an 18" is the maximum I can comfortably free motion quilt on and use all of the available space, and it isn't comfortable for long. When I used the computerized mode I wish I had a longer throat each time I have to advance the quilt.

My question is have you quilted on a Gammill? I did a 6 hour class sponsored by Gammill at a quilt show and I was surprised at how little I liked the machines they were demoing. It was not computerized but did have a stitch regulator. The machine I loved was the Innova but even the ugly old Tin Lizzie was easier to free motion quilt with.

Disclaimer: I don't own a Gammill, an Innova or a Tin Lizzie. I quilt on a HQ Avante.