Old 03-22-2016, 01:18 PM
karensue

Thank You all for your comments.

Of course, I still don't know what to do; but I am only 5'2" so I am now (thanks to the posts) thinking that I should stick with 18-24 inch machine.

A neighbor invited me over to watch her on her HQ Fusion 24" and it was very impressive looking.
We had seen the newer S Sixteen table model at the show, and didn't like it and the show didn't have the frames, but the local store (about 10 minutes from home) has one set up that I can go see.

Would like to get the computerized part, but seeing that it is anywhere from $10 to $15 thousand, that will have to be down the road. The machine alone either HQ or Gammill is still going to be close to $16,000.

The Gammill dealer is not close and I could not drive to her store by myself. That is my main fear there. The maintenance looks intimidating for the Gammill (more oiling points, two tensions, etc.).

I always bought my sewing machines due to dealer being close, so that is scary knowing that I won't have a dealer close where I can just run down there and see their machine if I had a problem.

The neighbor had hers on a 12 foot frame, and I definitely don't want to go that big, and Gammill charges $400 to go down to the 10 foot, which doesn't impress me. After that, everything seems to be the same as price point. The 22 inch Gammill is same price as 24" HQ Fusion.

As I said, I would never do custom quilts for people, if anything I would make a quilt and then try to sell it, but I don't want the responsibility of working on a quilt that a person put their heart and soul into.

Thanks again and any more posts are greatly appreciated - I am always learning from this wonderful group.

karensue