Old 03-22-2016, 03:39 PM
caspharm

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
We are all biased towards are brand but I am wondering about your husbands research. Innova has a MUCH better frame, especially because it has a deadbar and you don't have to adjust the take up roller as you advance the quilt. Also it is made of aircraft grade aluminum and is made kind of like an erector set so you are limitless in ways to modify it for your own personal use. My friend converted her panto table to a light table that runs the entire length of 14 ft frame! She modified her roller for the top to be a tension roller so she can roll her quilt back and forth after basting. It is amazing the ideas people have come with for these frames, they are so versatile.

Regarding resale value the Innova is also known for holding it's resale better than the Gammel. In fact good luck finding someone who is trying to sell theirs. You rarely find used ones on the market because they are such great machines no one wants to give theirs up unless they are upgrading to another Innova. LOL

Finally with an innova you are not limited to Statler in your robotics. You can go with other brands but they do have a "Panto vision" robotics. I personally know of other longarmers who have switched from Gammel to Innova and are doing better quilting as a result.

Now product plug aside (I am not affiliated just a very happy customer) If your DH is willing to make this investment and you are in a financial position to do so... Go for it.
I agree with feline fanatic. I am a satisfied Innova owner as well. I have had mine for 5 years and I also know several Innova owners, including my former owner, who switched from Gammills to Innovas.

After doing my research before purchase, I found the following:
1. Innovas are easier to update and upgrade without having to purchase a new machine as well extremely low maintenance in general.
2. Innovas are built by a company that builds commercial quilting machines.
3. They have 24/7 support.
4. They also have 3 levels of computers: Pantovision (for doing pantos from the from and create your own - still operator run), Navigator, and AutoPilot (which just received an software upgrade).

Here is their website: http://www.innovalongarm.com/. I don't know where you live, but Innova lists their dealers on their website, so you can find one near you. There are at least 2 innova longarm yahoo groups (one is run by Innova and one is run by an Innova owner).

Since your hubby has expanded your budget, go with the biggest one you feel comfortable with. I went with a 26" head (gives me about 22" of actual quilting space) and a 12 ft table. I am 5'2" and don't really have a problem. I don't use a computer.

If you really want a computer, you could go with either the 26" or the 30" head. The 30" head is mainly recommended for use with a computerized system, because it is such a large quilting space and is quite a distance to reach across when doing non-computerized work.